Maybe you need to submit a claim or you received a request to submit additional documentation for an existing claim. Or, perhaps you only submit claims a few times a year and you’re overdue for a refresher on how it works. Below are some helpful guidelines to submit a claim accurately – and, get your reimbursement even faster!
To upload a claim, log into your P&A account from your computer or tablet. Locate the Member Tools tab at the top of the page and select Upload Claim/Documentation.
Next, select upload type: new claim, claim response or debit card documentation.
Tip: If you’re unsure what to select, hover your mouse over the option for an explanation. See screen shots below.
To Upload a New Claim
- From the drop down option, select your account.
- Select the service date range. Click continue.
- Enter the total amount requested.
- Upload any supporting documentation, i.e., receipt of your expense. Click continue.
- Review your upload summary. If there are no changes, click Submit Claim.
To Provide a Claim Response
If you previously submitted a claim and it was denied or you’ve received a notification from P&A asking you to provide more documentation for a non-debit card transaction, you’re in the right place.
- Choose the claim in question from the drop down menu. Tip: Only claims that require more information will show. You will also see the amount denied on the claim.
- Select the service date range.
- Enter total amount requested for reimbursement.
- Upload any supporting documentation, i.e., Explanation of Benefits (EOB) or receipt.
To Provide Debit Card Documentation
- From the drop down option, select the desired debit card transaction. Tip: Check the status column for more transaction details.
- Upload your supporting documentation, i.e., receipt of your expense.
- Click submit.
- Carefully read the authorization and click submit.