As a P&A plan participant, there may be times when you need to upload a claim or you are asked to submit additional documentation for an existing claim. Here are some helpful guidelines on how to upload a claim accurately – and get your reimbursement even faster!
Below are the steps to log into your account and manage your claim options.
Step 1 – Log into Your Account
To upload a claim, log into your P&A account from your computer or tablet. Locate the Member Tools tab at the top of the page and select Upload Claim/Documentation.
Step 2 – Select Upload Type
Next, select upload type: new claim, claim response or debit card documentation.
Pro Tip: If you’re unsure what option to select, hover your mouse over each upload type. A description will display. See screen shots below.
How to Upload a New Claim
- From the drop down option, select your account.
- Select the service date range. Click continue.
- Enter the total amount requested.
- Upload any supporting documentation, i.e., receipt of your expense. Click continue.
- Review your upload summary. If there are no changes, click Submit Claim.
How to Provide a Claim Response
If you previously submitted a claim and it was denied or you’ve received a notification from P&A asking you to provide more documentation for a non-debit card transaction, you’re in the right place.
- Choose the claim in question from the drop down menu. Tip: Only claims that require more information will display. You will also see the amount denied on the claim.
- Select the service date range.
- Enter total amount requested for reimbursement.
- Upload any supporting documentation, i.e., Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
How to Provide Additional Documentation
- From the drop down option, select the debit card transaction. Tip: Check the status column for more transaction details.
- Upload your supporting documentation, i.e., EOB or itemized bill
- Click submit.
- Carefully read the authorization and click submit.
What is “Debit Card Documentation” and Why Do I Need to Submit It?
When you use your P&A Benefits Card for your FSA or HRA plan, you occasionally may be asked to provide supporting documentation on the item you purchased. This helps ensure that your plan is being used for an eligible expense and is in compliance. Examples of acceptable supporting documentation include:
- Insurance company statement
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Itemized bill from your provider showing date of service, services rendered, provider of service, amount paid and (if applicable), amount covered by insurance
If you’re confused or need help, contact P&A Group’s customer service team. Reps are available Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 10:00 pm ET. Give us a call at (800) 688-2611 or chat with us securely through online live chat.
If you’re looking for more info on how to submit a Dependent Daycare FSA claim, check here.